THE OTHER AND THE REAL ME.....


A Man runs into an old friend who had somehow never been able to make it in life.”I should give him some money,” he thought. But instead he learns that his old friend has grown rich and is actually seeking him out to repay the debts he had run up over the years.

They go to a bar they used to frequently go together, and the friend buys drinks for everyone there. When he asks him how he became so successful, he answers that until only a few days ago, he had been living the role of the “other”.

“What is the other?”, he asked.

His friend replied,” the other is the one who taught me what I should be like , but not what I am. The other believes that it is our obligation to spend our entire life thinking about how to get our hands on as much money as possible so that we will not die of hunger when we are old. So we think so much about money and our plans for acquiring it that we discover we are alive only when our days on earth are practically done. and then its too late.”

And you ? who are you. he asked.
His friend replied, “ I am just like everyone else who listens to their heart: a person who Is enchanted by the mystery of life. Who is open to miracles, who experiences joys and enthusiasm for what they do. It’s just that the other, afraid of disappointment, kept me from taking action”.

“But there is suffering in life,” He said.

“ And there are defeats. No one can avoid them, but it’s better to lose some of the battles in the struggle for your dreams than to be defeated without ever knowing what you are fighting for.”

“that’s it?,” he asked to his friend.

“yes, that’s it. when I learned this, I resolved to become the person I had always wanted to be. The other stood there in the corner of my room, watching me, but I will never let the other into myself again -  even though it has already tried to frighten me, warning me that it’s too risky not to think about future.


FROM THE MOMENT, I OUSTED THE OTHER FROM MY LIFE. THE DIVINE ENERGY BEGAN TO PERFORM ITS MIRACLES……..

- BY THE RIVER PIEDRA, I SAT DOWN AND WEPT

Comments

  1. Nice one Issac, the pleasure of knowing oneself is immense and to know what we are doing and why we are doing that is a great feeling in itself and maybe that is the path for true success..

    PS: Issac, if I may, I had a couple of thoughts. I like your posts, esp on this theme. I was thinking if the font was a little smaller, it would help reading faster and also as soon as I enter the site, the front image in the header kinda confuses me a bit and steals the focus away from the posts.

    Just thought I would let you know :). I may be completely wrong though, but being a regular reader of your content, just thought I should share my thoughts :).

    Cheers mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much mate for your wonderful words and well next time...pakka will keep the font small...and that header waala image...didnt get you on that...

      Delete
  2. Oh. ..it's a wonderful piece f writing. .in d struggles f our life v often forget dat v can do miracles...but d day u realize it's empowering....keep writing☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. ..it's a wonderful piece f writing. .in d struggles f our life v often forget dat v can do miracles...but d day u realize it's empowering....keep writing☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steffy....thank you.....so much for ur encouraging words...

      Delete
  4. Nice one Isaac.... Reading you is like meditation for me and feeling relaxed . Thank you for always connecting me with my soul . I am really proud of you as a writer and as a person ... This relationship of a reader and writing is beautifull .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one Isaac.... Reading you is like meditation for me and feeling relaxed . Thank you for always connecting me with my soul . I am really proud of you as a writer and as a person ... This relationship of a reader and writing is beautifull .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And writing to you is like meditation to me...its amazing...i am proud of you too gal..and yes this relation is beautiful..very beautiful...:-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WHEN SHE KICKED HIS BALLS FILLED WITH MALE EGO....

How to deal with Smelly people ?

MY FAREWELL SPEECH FOR BOBBY ACHAN AND GEORGE ACHAN