CHARITY VS EMPOWERMENT

Proverbs 19:17


Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed.

Hebrews 13:16 


Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.

Acts 20:35

 

In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”

2 Corinthians 9:7 


Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

1 John 3:17

 

But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him?


Well if you ask me, which one of the two ways is a better way to bring a smile on the face of poor soul. I would say both. In both ways, you are helping the poor. I firmly believe, “ ONE SHOULD DO, WHAT ONE CAN DO”. If you can donate, Donate . If you are powerful enough to empower them, then do it. If you can tea ch them, if you can provide them jobs and make them self dependent, then better do it. Being a Common man what I can do is, donate some amount of my money that I get to the poor. I can share my food with them, I can give them my old clothes. We should do our part well and live the rest to God. I understand that there are too many fake beggars out there, there are too many fake NGO’S running just for the sake of business. But then we must have the ability to recognize who deserves our help and who does not. For eg I never give money to healthy beggars whom I feel can earn their living by doing labour work neither do I give my money to kids who beg because they would spend money on buying ghutkas and bheedi. I never donate my money to an NGO unless I have spent some time there.  I rather donate to the disabled, people who are blind, young mothers with children and very old beggars. Giving some amount of money to this poverty struck people won’t make me poor.  If we can make someone smile, if we can put food in the plate of the hungry, why to hesitate, do it. If God almighty has blessed us with abundance, why not share our blessings with others. Spend some time with the sick, spend some time with orphans, spend some time with the disabled and you will realize how much blessed you are. Be generous and this world would be a better place to live.  I am talking about empowerment because, I believe empowerment of the poor is the job of people who are in authority, people who run the nation. There are too many sufferings in the world, too much of poverty, too much of tears, and if we can reduce the sufferings of someone, if we can wipe someone’s tears and make someone smile, we  must surely do that. Our life would be blessed. Our life would get a new meaning. I am not big enough now to empower some one, may be after some years I would be a man having powers to empower but till then let me help the needy by my own ways. If I can’t take care of big things, I shall take care of big things.

Donate wisely. I would summarize by saying," THE COMMON MAN SHOULD DONATE, AND THE PEOPLE IN AUTHORITY SHOULD EMPOWER".



Matthew 25:35-45

 

For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’

Comments

  1. You have correctly stated that “One should do whatever one can do” and "We must have the ability to recognize who deserves our help and who does not."

    However, why do you say that "empowerment of the poor is the job of people who are in authority, people who run the nation"? Each one of us can contribute meaningfully to empower the poor. For example, if one person or a group of persons helps a poor child to get educated, that person or group of persons has empowered that poor child. We should not underestimate ourselves.

    I have explained this in some detail in my post http://proactiveindian.com/2014/09/23/charity-or-empowerment/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welll i never looked through that angle....its a good idea i must say....:-) will go thru ur post...:-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

OH WOWW GAL!!!!!!! YOU ARE A VIRGIN....LETS FALL IN LOVE...

WHEN SHE KICKED HIS BALLS FILLED WITH MALE EGO....

How to deal with Smelly people ?